Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beyond Confused...

Over the past 2 months, Greg and I have been talking about moving back to Maryland to be closer to my family. I have always dreamed about moving back and now that it is possible I just don't know what to do. If we move, there is no guarantee I will find a teaching job due to all of the budget cuts. If we stay, I know I have a job and the best part is is that I am finally getting to change grade levels. If I stay, I will be moving up to 3rd grade! I am so excited about that and I am really looking forward to it. I love the school I am at and love the people I work with.
We listed our house for short sale about a month ago because we owe more than the house is worth and it is now under contract! If we stay in Arizona we are going to have to rent for a year which I am ok with. If we move to Maryland we would still have to rent for a year. I dont mind making that sacrifice, but I cant help to think of what we have here and how in Maryland our money wont get us as much. I dont mean to sound selfish and stuck up because I know it's not about what you have.
Another reason I am not sure about moving is that Greg and I were excited to expand our family soon. For the past year we talked about having another child when Carson was between 2 and 3. If we decide to move, we would have to postpone having another child for a year or 2. I really dont know if I want to wait. Is it wrong for me to want to continue with my plan?
My head and my heart are definitely telling me two different things and I really dont know which is telling me what. I hear "Move to Maryland to be closer to you family" but then I also here "Stay in Arizona for 1 more year and teach 3rd grade AND have another baby". I really just want to scream because I am SO CONFUSED!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor, sweet Mollie. I feel so bad you're struggling with this. My advice to you is have the baby when you're mentally ready, not when you're physically ready. Your family is forever. Your physical or financial situation is temporary. So go with your heart. If it's not meant to be, it won't happen. One thing you always know -- you have enough extended family to help with whatever you need. No one will ever go hungry or homeless.

    ReplyDelete