Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Power of Priceline

I remember way back in the day when my mom would go on priceline to get good deals on groceries, but I really didnt think it was still being used. Last summer, Greg and his friends did a guys trip to California to check out some breweries. They used priceline to get some great deals on hotel rooms. While we were planning our trip to Maryland and Colorado, Greg was all about using Priceline for our hotels. I was a little annoyed because Greg was spending hours and hours on the computer reading and searching (he knows some websites that rate the hotels and people leave their reviews).

The only bad thing about Priceline is that you have to book online prior to arriving at the hotel.

Here are our total savings for our trip:

Joplin, MO: Holiday Inn Normal Rate- $95/night
Priceline Price- $30

Louisville, KY: Park Inn Normal Rate- $109/night
Priceline Price- $40 (we stayed 2 nights)

St. Charles, MO: Country Inn and Suits Normal Rate- $99/night
Priceline Price-$37

Hays, KS: Ramada Normal Rate- $59/night
*Hotwire Price-$39

Colorado Springs, CO: Fairfield Inn normal price- $89/night
Priceline Price- $35/night (we stayed for 5 nights)

Without using Priceline, we would have payed $916 plus taxes.
Using Priceline, we paid $361 plus taxes. We saved $555!!!

I have to admit, I was a little annoyed that Greg was spending so much time on the computer and there were several times I wanted to say f*@% it let just pay when we get there, but now looking back I am so happy we used Priceline.

***Disclaimer- some rooms were not up to my standards and I would not have stayed there for more than 1 night. Most of the reviews left by other people were right on, but there were a few that were way off. Some of the nicer rooms we stayed in actually got low ratings on Priceline.

I would totally recommend staying at the Park Inn (Louisville), Country Inn and Suits (St. Charles) and the Fairfield (Colorado Springs).

No comments:

Post a Comment