Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4 Days 9 States (Maryland to Arizona)

This is part 2 of our cross country journey.
We left Maryland on July 6th around 6 in the morning (I think). We drove just past St. Louis, MO and stopped for the night. Our hotel was with in walking distance to an old town that had several cute little shops and restaurants. We knew we could not sit down and eat dinner anywhere because Carson was full of energy so we got dinner to go from a cute little brewery and took it back to our hotel room. The next morning we headed out and made our way through Missouri and Kansas. We decided to stop in Hays, KS at a (not so great) Rhomada Inn. The only thing that made this hotel ok was the fact that they had a pretty big indoor swimming pool with a super fun water slide. Carson was a very happy little boy that night. We spent about an hour in the pool going down the water slide over and over again.
The next morning we headed out for our 5 hour drive to Colorado Springs, CO. We were planning on staying there for 5 nights and spend some time with family. Several of my aunts and uncles, cousins and grandparents we all there for our cousin's wedding. It was so nice to see everyone. Most of them hadn't seen Carson for over a year and there were even a few who had never met him.
My cousin's wedding was beautiful. The day started off with blue skies, but about an hour before the ceremony was suppose to start, the rain came pouring down. The sky was gray and the clouds were not moving very fast. When we got to the county club they told us that the wedding had been moved down stairs to one of their rooms. I knew my cousin was probably very upset. Her wedding was suppose to be outside, at the foot of the mountain on the golf course. With the rain at a standstill, we got word that the ceremony was pushed back an hour so they could set up the outdoor location since the rain had stopped.
Long story short: the rain stayed away so my cousin could have her dream day and it was beautiful! The reception was very fun. Carson had a blast and danced the night way. He had all the chicks dancing with him. His new best friend was the flower girl, Zoey. The two of them were so cute and Zoey even gave Carson a smooch or 2 :)

On Monday, a few of us went up to Golden, CO to tour the Coors Brewery. It was a good experience, but definitely not something I probably wont do again. After the tour Greg and I took my brother and sister to the airport to head back to MD.

Tuesday morning, we got up and packed up the car. I was so excited to be heading back home, but I was not looking forward to the 13-14 hour drive. It about a 7 hour drive to the 4 corners and I was excited to be in 4 states at once (I know, call me a dork). By the time we made it to the 4 corners we came to a lovely sign that said...

CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION!!! I was so bummed. Oh well, back in the car we went. 6 more hours til home.

Well, we made it home around midnight and boy was it nice to sleep in my own bed.

I think this is enough for tonight. I will try and add some pictures later. Most of them are on Greg's camera. I will leave you with a few pictures from my cousin, Katie's, wedding.

Greg and I


Dont mind Katie's face :)


Mr. and Mrs. Nick John


Carson, dancing with Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment