Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring!

Well today wraps up my week of Spring Break. It was so nice having time to get things done and time to spend with Carson. On Monday, Carson had his 1 year ENT appointment to check his tubes. Everything looked good and the doctor said that both tubes were working their way out of the ear drum. He wants to see us in about 5 weeks to check if the tubes have fallen out and if they havent, he will remove them. After Carson's appointment I wanted to have a fun afternoon so we went to the mall to have lunch and then went to Build a Bear to make a bear for Spencer. When I was pregnant with Carson I made a bear that has his heart beat in it so we did the same thing for Spencer. Carson loved helping stuff the bear and then giving it a bath.
Tuesday and Wednesday Carson went to daycare for a few hours so I could get some stuff done around the house and run some errands. Thursday was another Carson and Mommy fun day. We started our day with a visit from the Leprechaun. The Leprechaun left a trail of foot prints and gold and also made a mess in the playroom. Carson loved finding all of the gold. Then we have green pancakes for breakfast. Then we went up to Anthem to ride the train around the park. Carson was in heaven. He had a smile on his face the entire time. My plan was to let him play at the park after, but the playground was closed :( I needed to run into the Carter's outlet up in Anthem to find a "coming home for the hospital" outfit for Spencer so I promised Carson we would go to another park when we were done shopping. He was so good at the store and even picked out a few things for Spencer. I also got Carson his "Big Brother" shirt and got Spencer a matching "Little Brother" shirt.
Since it was getting close to lunch time, I asked Carson what he wanted for lunch and of course he suggested McDonalds. So on the way tot he park, I stopped and got McDonalds and we had a picnic at the park. After we ate and played for a bit, we headed home to take naps. Friday was a Mommy Day so Carson went to daycare again. I had things to return and I was treating myself to a pedicure. Boy was it nice to be sitting and having someone rub my feet.
Here are some pictures from the St. Patrick's Day and the train park:












Throughout the week I have been working hard on Spencer's room. His room was previously our junk and craft room so there was alot to do. We put the twin bed in Carson's room and put the crib together in Spencer's room. I did most of Spencer's laundry and even started putting the diaper bag together.
My mom bought the bedding for us as a gift and she ordered it this weekend. It should arrive this week and I can not wait.
This is the bedding:


I borrowed a friends Cricut machine to make a baby shower present for a friend and I am hooked. I have been trying to come up with a project for Spencer's room and today I got it! I am going to make a Subway art canvas. I already have the canvas (I just painted over the picture I made for Carson's nursery) and the vinyl. My plan is to start cutting the vinyl out today since I need to return the machine to my friend soon.
Here is my inspiration for the subway art:


I am not in love with parts of this so I am going to add some different words and such so we will see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment